Mahama, NDC know they have lost the elections – Ernest Owusu-Bempah

0 0
Read Time:2 Minute, 7 Second

The National Democratic Congress (NDC) and their flagbearer John Dramani Mahama are desperate for power and will do anything to threaten the peace of Ghana, a Deputy Director of Communications of the New Patriotic Party (NPP)  Ernest Kofi Owusu-Bempah Bonsu, has said.

He accused the NDC and Mr Mahama of orchestrating the demonstrations in Ghana as a political strategy going into the general elections.

He was commenting on the demonstration organized by the Democracy Hub members over the weekend, leading to the arrest of some of them for lawlessness.

“This is a sad day for Ghana’s democracy because there are political strategies orchestrated by the opposition NDC and its flagbearer John Dramani Mahama to destabilize Ghana.

“I have joined demonstrations in the past with AFAG, I was a leading member of the Let My Vote Count  Alliance, and we mobilize people on the streets to demonstrate lawfully, we were not reckless. If we continue to allow people to embark on this recklessness, or we give a few people the opportunity to go into sensitive public installations and be doing this then we have a problem especially when we are going for a crucial election.

“We are going into a crucial election, and Mahama is so desperate and they will do anything at all to make sure we don’t get the peace in Ghana after the election, They know they have lost the elections already,” he told journalists.

Twenty-eight persons from different backgrounds who participated in the 3-day Democracy Hub demonstrations have been remanded into police custody after an Accra Circuit Court denied their bail application on Tuesday, September 24.

Five counts of charges were proffered against them after their arrests on Saturday, September 21. The charges are;
– Conspiracy to commit crime – unlawful assembly
– Unlawful assembly
– Destruction of property
– Offensive conduct
– Assault on public officer

Eleven (11) others whose cases were heard in another circuit court were also denied bail but were remanded into prison custody after their lawyer prayed for an adjournment to study their charges.

He was furnished with the charge sheet during the court hearing. The charges included the initial five in addition to the defacement of public property.

Their pleas were therefore not taken.

The court also issued a bench warrant for one of the protesters who was previously released on police inquiry bail but failed to appear in court, despite being aware of the proceedings, according to the prosecution.

 

 

The post Mahama, NDC know they have lost the elections – Ernest Owusu-Bempah first appeared on 3News.

Happy
Happy
0 %
Sad
Sad
0 %
Excited
Excited
0 %
Sleepy
Sleepy
0 %
Angry
Angry
0 %
Surprise
Surprise
0 %

Average Rating

5 Star
0%
4 Star
0%
3 Star
0%
2 Star
0%
1 Star
0%

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *